1. I'm for style - fashions change too often.
2. The mood of a room must dictate. Every room has a mood or personality - sometimes - latent - and it is this that one desires to develop.
3. It is just as disastrous to have the wrong accessories in your room as it is to wear sport shoes with an evening dress.
4. Have nothing in your homes that you do not know to be useful and believe to be beautiful.
5. The essence of interior design will always be about people and how they live. It is about the realities of what makes for an attractive, civilized, meaningful environment, not about fashion or what's in or what's out. This is not an easy job.